New Parent Overview
Expecting a new baby? CONGRATULATIONS!
Having a new baby in the house is a life changing experience. Becoming a parent is both exciting and nerve racking. You will soon feel a new sense of responsibility if it hasn't set in already.
One of the first things that you can do is take the time to find a pediatrician (or group of pediatricians) who is (are) qualified and are willing to listen.
Many parents think of the pediatrician as someone who helps their child when they are sick. What you will find is that much of what goes on at the pediatrician's office is not medicine at all. Many of your office visits with your baby will be to discuss things such as development, feeding, behavior, and safety concerns. Because there is a lot of style involved and many "right ways" to raise a child, we at ESD Pediatric Group feel that every parent should make an informed decision when choosing a doctor to entrust your child's care.
We appreciate your interest in our practice and would like to highlight some of the reasons that the ESD Pediatric Group may be a good fit for you.
- Qualified Providers All of our physicians and our pediatric nurse practitioner are board certified in pediatrics. We are members of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Staff Physicians at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
- Convenient Locations We have 2 offices to serve you. Our larger office is located in Milford, just inside of I–275 at Exit 57. Our city office is located in Hyde Park at the corner of Madison and Edwards Roads, but soon to be moving to the Cornerstone complex adjacent to the Smith/Edwards interchange of Interstate 71.
- Flexible Appointments We offer unlimited same-day ill visit appointments. If your child is sick, we will see them the same day that you call.
- 24-Hour Availability One of our physicians is on-call to help with emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Inpatient Care All of our physicians are Active Staff Pediatricians at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. If your child is admitted to the hospital for any general pediatric condition, we will see your child in the hospital and be in charge of their care. Today, only 5% of area pediatricians still provide this service.
- Tradition The ESD Pediatric Group (Englender, Sper & Drasnin, MD's, Inc.) has been taking care of the children of Greater Cincinnati since 1942. We try to blend state of the art medicine with an open style that has been our trademark for generations.
- Staff We have a friendly, energetic staff who take pride in helping your family!
The ESD Pediatric Group also offers PRENATAL VISITS at no charge. Click HERE to learn more.
In This Section
Created: November 16, 2008; Revised: September 19, 2011